MARCO POLO SHEEP HUNT
The number of hunters: 1-3 in a group
Season Duration: 15 August -01 December
Duration: 14 days trip, 10 days hunting
Hunting Area: Naryn region, Arpa valley
Price: Contact us
Day 1: Arrive in Bishkek, transfer to hunting camp, accommodations
Day 2: Sight in rifle, rest, walk, acclimate
Day 3-12: Hunt for Marco Polo
Day 13: Return to Bishkek, accommodations in hotel
Day 14: Tour in Bishkek, return home
Travel: You fly to Bishkek (FRU) via Istanbul (IST) on Turkish Air, Frankfurt or Moscow. Recommended to travel through Istanbul because it is more difficult to get firearms through Frankfurt or Moscow. You’ll be met by an interpreter and camp management at the Bishkek Airport and will be assisted as needed. We recommend paying the extra cost of a VIP transfer as there are less hassles and the service is much better. You’ll get your visa at the airport upon arrival. You’ll travel 560 km to the hunting area, using 4×4 Jeeps. Drives to base camp takes 8 -12 hours, depending on weather. If hunting late in the year (Dec-Feb), there is always a chance that a big snow can close roads for several days.
Rifle & Ammo: 7mm, .300 Win. Mag, .300 Wby.Mag, with optics 3,5- 10x,3-23X, 4-16X; 40-60 bullets.
Optics: Binoculars 70-47x; Rangerfinder 700-900m.
Papers: As of 7-24-12, US and Canadian citizens may receive a 60 days Visa at no charge at the airport upon arrival, passport, Itinerary, Insurance, cash & cards, list of addresses and phone numbers in your country and hunting destination, your taxidermy address, diary, pen, reading material, maps.
Clothing: 1-2 pair mountain boot, camp shoes, 2 pair hunting pants, 2 long-sleeve hunting shirts, 3-4 pair underwear, jacket w/hood, white camouflage, 1-2 sweaters, long sleeve thermal top, 3-4 t-shirts, 2 pair gloves, wool cap, cap w/ear-flaps, hunting cap, scarf or neck warmer, belt or suspenders, socks, warm or thermal socks, handkerchiefs.
Miscellaneous: Sleeping bag (for -22°F in winter time), body size pad for sleeping and sitting, lip balm, sunblock, walking stick, blister pads, 1 liter thermos, medications, scotch tape, zip-lock bags, camera (film, memory card, tapes, etc.), flashlight, radio, batteries, chargers (220V or adapter), sunglasses.
• Trophy Fee
• Travel and permit arrangements
• All hunting lisences and tax
• Invitation letter, firearm permit
• Pickup and transportation from airport
• All transportation to and from the hunting region
• All transportation (jeeps, horses) in the hunting area
• Lodging & meals while in Camp
• Service of professional guide
• Service rangers, cooks and maintenance staff at the hunting camp
• Trophy care and packing for shipment
• Kyrgyzstan export permits & veterinary certificates
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDES
• CITES permit (650€)
• Airline ticket to/from Bishkek
• Non-hunter/observer- 1800€
• VIP Transfers through Bishkek Airport (Approximately $120/person/entry) (Highly recommended)
• Gratuities to Professional Hunter, Guide or Staff
• Excess luggage fee charged by airlines
• Shipment of trophies
• Taxidermy of trophies
• Telephone calls
• Items of a personal nature
• Entry Visa (if required)
• Insurance (Trip Cancellation, Medical Evacuation, etc.)